Feng Shui is all about creating harmony in your environment.
It’s practiced throughout the home, however, most discussions are centered around the living room and bedroom. The home office is a place more of us are now spending a lot more time in.
When you manage to find information on the office, the desks are traditional small writing desks or computer desks.
Rooms Solutions are often asked how do you feng shui an L-shaped desk?
We wanted to bring something new to the table by answering this question and help those who have an L-shaped desk find the balance with the natural world that we all crave!
Feng Shui Office Layout
Every room benefits from feng shui and the home office is no exception.
There are a few things you need to consider for the whole room to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
- The first one is to position your seating so that your back is against a solid wall.
- Introduce positive energy by including plants and water elements. Channel this positive energy towards your work and creativity, and you’re onto a winner
- Get some art of the walls and shelves that’s going to inspire you
- Calm colors are used including: pale yellow, pale orange, pale green
- Use furniture with soft edges and corners
- Avoid corners pointing at you
- If you can, make sure you office has a nice view
Feng Shui Office Desk
Office desks have a couple of important feng shui elements that you should take into consideration.
If you integrate these, your office is going to feel calm and you’ll be able to concentrate on your work without negative energy surrounding it.
We’ve already mentioned that you should position your desk so that your back is against a solid wall.
Feng shui for your office desk should also include:
- Remove clutter from your workspace and only place the items you use everyday on it
- Straight desks are more suitable, you’ll need to sit in the depth of the arch if you buy a curved desk
- Wood is the best material for your desk to bring in nourishing energy that will vitalize the rest of your office
- You shouldn’t place your:
- Facing the wall
- Facing towards the door
- So your back is to the door
- Facing the window
Feng Shui And Colors For Your Desk
Use the color of your desk to your advantage.
It’s an easy way to create the kind of energy you desire but make sure it works for you, your office, and the kind of work you’re doing.
- Brown desks will bring nourishment to your office with a grounding feel to it
- A black desk is for those who need self-analysis and unbiased thought
- Green desks has creative properties and radiate nourishing energy in the same way that brown does
- White desks are crisp and clear, however, can sap energy from susceptible people
- Gray desks are similar to white and can help concentration
Feng Shui L-shaped Desk
You can make use of all of the feng shui elements that we’ve mentioned above.
There are, however, some things that you should consider if you have an L-shaped desk because of the size and uncommon shape they offer.
L-shaped desks should be placed in the command position at the back of the office with minimal space at the back of the room.
Putting your desk in the command position brings powerful and protective energy to your office and can be channeled into excellent output for you work.
If you’re looking to buy an L-shape desk, treat it in similar ways to a regular desk but keep in mind that it’s very important to place it in the command position because of its size.
This will radiate power throughout your home office and help you excel.
Wood is the best material for a desk sue to its creative and nourishing properties and choosing an earthy color will increase these further.
If you can, you must always face towards the rest of the room and only indirectly towards the door!